Tuesday, July 7, 2009

29 Week Update...

Wow! Time has flown by! I can't believe that it has already been 29 weeks of pregnancy. I will post a new baby bump picture in its full glory soon! I promise. Sorry for the long silence. It is hard for me to update my blog even though I desire to more. Working 8-5 and trying to be a good wife and have friends can be a very busy life. We have been thinking about everything we need to do to get ready for the baby. I need to register and arrange the nursery. I did register online at www.babyearth.com. We have decided to go the cloth diaper route and I am mainly asking for cloth diapers from those who want to get us something but don't know what to get us. You can find our registry on their website and just put my name in the boxes. I want to find a blog to share with you all that helped me so much on understanding the use of cloth diapers. There are about 4 different kinds available out there. When I find it, I will post it on here!

Yesterday, I had my midwife appointment. From here on out I will go in for an appointment every two weeks. I can't believe I have made it to this point. I did receive some disappointing news yesterday. Seems that my midwife, whom I love, has recently received the job offer of her dreams in Maine with a pay increase and is going to be leaving in late August. Well, since I am not due until mid Sept. that means that I will need to switch practices. I will still deliver at the same hospital, but since the practice that I have been going to only has one midwife, she has suggested that if I want to still have a natural birth to switch practices. Therefore, I will go to another midwife who is also highly recommended and respected around here, but disappointed to loose my midwife and have to go through this headache! AHHHH!!!! Also, I failed my glucose test by one point and my midwife suggested that I go in for the three hour glucose test. I think I will refuse and just watch what I am eating. I am not worried nor do I feel that I have gestational diabetes. I have been loving the desserts lately, but other than that I eat really healthy. Therefore, I will just lay off on the desserts. haha! Well, until next time, which hopefully will be sooner than later! Much Love!

1 comment:

blythe said...

Hey Ashley-- I know I've met you at church but haven't gotten to know you at all. Cute blog! I have also been going to Jessie/Dr. Cohen. They did my care with my first birth, and I too was horribly disappointed when first Dr. Cohen left and then Jessie. SO SAD! I'll be checking out Beth early next month, so I'll have four months with her before baby #2 is born. Otherwise, it's a home birth for me.

Take care! :-)